1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 15 mins
From an Elle Magazine recipe card. Need 12 hours of marination time!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine wine, juice of 1 orange, thyme, bay leaf, 1 tablespoons of the olive oil, the minced shallots, the garlic clove and the pepper together in a large dish. Place the roast in the dish and marinate in the refrigerator for 12 hours or overnight, turning from time to time.
- 2The next day, remove from marinade and strain the marinating liquid.
- 3Place the marinating liquid in a pan and reduce by half over high heat. Add the honey and season with salt.
- 4Paint the veal with some of the reduced marinade.
- 5Heat the remaining oil in a casserole large enough to hold the roast. Brown the meat on all sides. Add the remaining marinade; put the casserole in a 450 degree oven, and cook for 1 hour and 15 minutes, covered. Baste frequently with the liquid.
- 6Peel the oranges and cut into segments. When the meat is cooked, remove it to a warm platter. Place the orange segments in the cooking liquid, and cook over low heat until they are warmed.
- 7Serve the carved veal on the platter, garnished with the warmed orange segments and coated with the cooking juices.
Browse Our Top Veal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Veal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roast Caramelized Veal Loin
Serving Size: 1 (431 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 641.4
- Calories from Fat 299
- Total Fat 33.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.5 g
- Cholesterol 209.2 mg
- Sodium 229.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 20.2 g
- Protein 51.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: