Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 15 mins
From an Elle Magazine recipe card. Need 12 hours of marination time!
Make and share this Roast Caramelized Veal Loin recipe from Food.com.
- Combine wine, juice of 1 orange, thyme, bay leaf, 1 tablespoons of the olive oil, the minced shallots, the garlic clove and the pepper together in a large dish. Place the roast in the dish and marinate in the refrigerator for 12 hours or overnight, turning from time to time.
- The next day, remove from marinade and strain the marinating liquid.
- Place the marinating liquid in a pan and reduce by half over high heat. Add the honey and season with salt.
- Paint the veal with some of the reduced marinade.
- Heat the remaining oil in a casserole large enough to hold the roast. Brown the meat on all sides. Add the remaining marinade; put the casserole in a 450 degree oven, and cook for 1 hour and 15 minutes, covered. Baste frequently with the liquid.
- Peel the oranges and cut into segments. When the meat is cooked, remove it to a warm platter. Place the orange segments in the cooking liquid, and cook over low heat until they are warmed.
- Serve the carved veal on the platter, garnished with the warmed orange segments and coated with the cooking juices.