Janine Ross's Note:
A delightfully different soup served with warm spinach & goat cheese muffins, a feast for both the eyes and taste buds. From Delicious magazine. The muffins could easily be served with any other soup or even for breakfast. Delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus extra
- olive oil, to drizzle
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 (400 g) cans chopped tomatoes
- homemade vegetable stock
- 80 g soft goat's cheese
- 2Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes until softened. Add garlic, tomato, capsicum and stock. Season, bring to the boil then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 3Cool slightly, blend in batches in a food processorm or blender until smooth. You can press through a sieve for an even smoother texture, if desired.
- 4Pour soup into warmed bowls, sprinkle with soft goat's cheese, drizzle with extra olive oil, season, and serve with spinach and goat's cheese muffins.
- 6Preheat oven to 190°C Lighty grease 8 holes of a muffin pan.
- 7Heat butter and milk in a pan over medium heat.
- 8Add the spinach and stir for 1 minute until wilted.
- 9Remove from heat, cool slightly and blend until smooth.
- 10Sift dry ingredients into a large bowl.
- 11Add Parmesan, egg and spinach mixture.
- 12rumble in cheese, then stor gently until just combined.
- 13Fill pans with mixture.
- 14Prick cherry tomatoes several times, then place 1 in the centre of each muffin.
- 15Bake for 20 minutes or until muffins are risen and cooked through.
- 16Turn out onto a rack to cool slightly.
- 17Serve with warm soup.
Browse Our Top Peppers Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Peppers Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roast Capsicum & Tomato Soup With Spinach & Goat Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (422 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 437.3
- Calories from Fat 285
- Total Fat 31.7 g
- Saturated Fat 18.5 g
- Cholesterol 127.3 mg
- Sodium 1798.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 23.4 g