Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A delightfully different soup served with warm spinach & goat cheese muffins, a feast for both the eyes and taste buds. From Delicious magazine. The muffins could easily be served with any other soup or even for breakfast. Delicious!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus extra
- olive oil, to drizzle
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 (400 g) cans chopped tomatoes
- homemade vegetable stock
- 80 g soft goat's cheese
- 25 g unsalted butter
- 200 ml milk
- 100 g spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2⁄3 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 120 g goat's cheese
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes until softened. Add garlic, tomato, capsicum and stock. Season, bring to the boil then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Cool slightly, blend in batches in a food processorm or blender until smooth. You can press through a sieve for an even smoother texture, if desired.
- Pour soup into warmed bowls, sprinkle with soft goat's cheese, drizzle with extra olive oil, season, and serve with spinach and goat's cheese muffins.
- Preheat oven to 190°C Lighty grease 8 holes of a muffin pan.
- Heat butter and milk in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the spinach and stir for 1 minute until wilted.
- Remove from heat, cool slightly and blend until smooth.
- Sift dry ingredients into a large bowl.
- Add Parmesan, egg and spinach mixture.
- rumble in cheese, then stor gently until just combined.
- Fill pans with mixture.
- Prick cherry tomatoes several times, then place 1 in the centre of each muffin.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until muffins are risen and cooked through.
- Turn out onto a rack to cool slightly.
- Serve with warm soup.