1/1 Photo of Roast Capsicum (Bell Peppers) and Quinoa Salad
Based on a recipe by Chef Dominique Rizzo , seen on Ready Steady Cook. Try adding in some other grilled veges- corn, eggplant or some fresh chopped tomato Nice served with grilled chicken or meats
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Char grill whole capsicums by holding them over a gas flame until charred all over or by placng them on a hot grill pan. When cooled a little, peel and discard the skins. Thinly slice the flesh into strips.
- 2Rinse the quinoa grains, as you would rice.
- 3Bring a medium saucepan of water to the boil. Add the quinoa and reduce the heat to a gentle simmer. Cover the saucepan and cook for 10 minutes or until the quinoa is tender, drain.
- 4Combine the cooked quinoa, red onion and shredded basil in a bowl and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 5Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the thinly sliced white onion and cook until softened. Add the roasted capsicum strips and season with salt and pepper.
- 6Spread the mixed herbs over a serving plate.Squeeze over the lemon juice. Top with the quinoa , onion and capsicum strips. Serve.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roast Capsicum (Bell Peppers) and Quinoa Salad
Serving Size: 1 (152 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 149.7
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 6.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 4.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: