Recipe by Nic Daniau
Found in Times2, made it several times since with the same success.
Top Review by MarthaStewartWanabe
Oh my! If I could rate this recipe 10 stars, I certainly would! It was absolutely to-die-for. What a perfect combination of flavors--sweet, buttery & nutty. Our squash turned out perfectly browned and caramelized. Instead of pine nuts, I added 1/2 cup of whole walnuts during the last 10 minutes of roasting. Yum! We will definitely be using this recipe again in the future. My only recommendation is to line your baking sheet with aluminum foil for easier clean-up. Otherwise, it's soaking & scrubbing that deliciously caramelized maple syrup later! Thanks for sharing!
- 1 butternut squash
- 3 tablespoons ghee (or melted butter)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Peel the squash, cut it in half longways, remove the seeds and cut the flesh into 1in (3cm) chunks.
- Spread them out on a baking tray and sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Spoon over the ghee, syrup and ginger.
- Roast until the tips of the squash chunks turn golden brown. Towards the end scatter the pine nuts over the top so that they become toasted when the squash is cooked.