Recipe by Norahs Girl
This is a really nice way to prepare and bake Butternuts.
Top Review by Dr. Jenny
This recipe has potential, hence the 3 stars. However, we found it so lemony that we were not able to eat it as it currently is posted. We halved all ingredients in the recipe to accommodate one huge butternut squash. However, in the end all we could taste was lemon. This recipe has nice consistency and has the potential to be something we really like. Next time I will either omit the lemon completely or use only a very small amount.
- 2 butternut squash
- 2 lemons, juice and zest
- 3 tablespoons coarse grain mustard
- 85 g butter
- 10 g flat leaf parsley
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 75 ml double cream
- olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Firstly preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F.
- Peel the garlic, lemon and the squash with a peeler and cut the squash in half and remove the seeds.
- Then chop up the fresh squash into about 1 inch dice and place onto an oven tray with the garlic.
- Drizzle with olive oil and add about 285g (10oz) of the butter, the fresh thyme, lemon and season well.
- Place in the oven for about 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place in a blender, together with the mustard, parsley, cream and half the remaining butter.
- Season well with salt and pepper and blend for about 1 minute.
- Remove from the blender, adjust seasoning.
- and place in a serving bowl, top with the parsley and remaining butter.