Recipe by PinkCherryBlossom
Atasty seasonal soup that gives you your five a day. Considering how much veg it has packed into it I think we can forgive the double cream can't we?
- 2 butternut squash
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 sticks celery, chopped
- 2 liters vegetable stock
- 75 ml double cream (heavy cream)
Directions See How It's Made
- heat oven to 240C / 475°F.
- Cut squash in half and scoop out seeds, keeping skin on cut into chunks. place on a baking tray and drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil. Scatter with thyme and season if desired. Roast for 45 mins or until soft.
- Heat the rest of the oil and and add carrots, onion and celery. Cook gently until soft but not brown.
- Add stock and bring to boil, simmer for 20 minutes.
- Take out the squash and remove the flesh, add this to the pan. Simmer for a further 5 minutes
- Blitz the soup with a blender or processor until smooth. Return to pan and add cream.
- Reheat to desired temp and serve.