Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Also works well with sweet potato instead of pumpkin. From Narelle
Make and share this Roast Butternut Pumpkin & Feta Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 500 g butternut pumpkin, peeled and cubed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon garlic, crushed
- 1 red capsicum, sliced
- 250 g feta cheese, cubed
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 200°C Mix pumpkin, oil and cinnamon then place on a cookie tray. Bake 15 minutes. Add red capsicum and garlic cook a further 10 or until cooked.
- Meanwhile, lightly toast pumpkin seeds in a fry pan.
- Place in salad bowl and with with feta, onion, basil and parsley.
- Mix together dressing ingredients and pour over salad. Sprinkle over pumpkin seeds and serve warm.
Amazing salad with wonderful strong flavours. I thought the cinnamon might be overpowering, but it was not. My daughter took this to a pumpkin feast -- most dishes featured pumpkin. It was a bit too tart for a few people, but many said it was the very best dish of the night. I overcooked the pumpkin a bit, which made it a little mushy, so try to avoid that when you make it. I also used sunflower seeds in place of pumpkin seeds, because they were on hand. Made and thoroughly enjoyed for Pick a Chef.