Recipe by PinkCherryBlossom
I love squeaky salty halloumi cheese. Here it sits on top of sweet roasted beets just waiting to let its gooey insides ooze out mmmm...
Top Review by Garlic Chick
Superb! I printed this recipe out over a year ago and have been meaning to make it since then. I made the recipe as stated, using spinach leaves as my salad greens. I cut the cheese about 1/4" thick and grilled it on my barbecue. It stuck to the grill in some spots, maybe I will try broiling it next time. The presentation is beautiful and colorful. We ate it right away per the instructions. Thanks for posting, PinkCherryBlossom, this one's a winner!
- 8 small beetroots
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 4 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 1 teaspoon horseradish sauce
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 200 g halloumi cheese
- 2 cups mixed salad greens
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 200C/400°F.
- Scrub the beetroot, trim off any leaves and halve.
- Toss in 1 tbsp of the olive oil, the rosemary and garlic and bake covered in foil for 25 minutes.
- Remove foil, turn beets and cook for another 25 minutes.
- Remove beets and peel off the skins. Place back in the roasting pan with the horseradish, oil and lemon juice - keep warm.
- Arrange the salad leaves.
- Slice the cheese and grill until brown on each side.
- Arrange beetroot on the leaves and top with the haloumi - eat while hot else the cheese will become rubbery.