2 hrs 40 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
This roast beef is tender and juicy - the best we've ever had. Recipe source: The New High Altitude Cookbook
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 550-degrees F.
- 2Using a sharp knife cut slits into beef and insert the garlic into the slits.
- 3Place beef on a rack in a roasting pan.
- 4Arrange vegetables around beef.
- 5Add water (about 1-2 cups so vegetables don't burn and bottom of pan is covered).
- 6Bake at 550 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- 7Reduce heat to 300 degrees F.
- 8Bake for 1 1/2- 2 hours (for rare about 1 1/2 hours, med about 2 hours, well-done for about 2 1/2 hours).
- 9Open oven door and let roast sit another 20 minutes before carving.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roast Beef With Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (276 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1215.7
- Calories from Fat 902
- Total Fat 100.3 g
- Saturated Fat 41.2 g
- Cholesterol 244.9 mg
- Sodium 265.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 58.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
standing rib roast