2 hrs 40 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
This roast beef is tender and juicy - the best we've ever had. Recipe source: The New High Altitude Cookbook
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 550-degrees F.
- 2Using a sharp knife cut slits into beef and insert the garlic into the slits.
- 3Place beef on a rack in a roasting pan.
- 4Arrange vegetables around beef.
- 5Add water (about 1-2 cups so vegetables don't burn and bottom of pan is covered).
- 6Bake at 550 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- 7Reduce heat to 300 degrees F.
- 8Bake for 1 1/2- 2 hours (for rare about 1 1/2 hours, med about 2 hours, well-done for about 2 1/2 hours).
- 9Open oven door and let roast sit another 20 minutes before carving.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roast Beef With Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (276 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1215.7
- Calories from Fat 902
- Total Fat 100.3 g
- Saturated Fat 41.2 g
- Cholesterol 244.9 mg
- Sodium 265.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 58.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
standing rib roast