Recipe by JackieOhNo!
No, this is not made in a slow cooker. It is just roasted slowly so the flavors deepen and blend. It is defintely for the garlic lovers out there! The most time-consuming part is peeling the garlic. You won't believe what a heavenly aroma will be wafting from your kitchen. From Real Simple Magazine October 2007.
- 2 lbs boneless rump steak or 2 lbs rib roast
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1 head garlic, cloves peeled
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Season the beef with 1 t. salt and 1/2 t. pepper and place in a large roasting pan.
- In a bowl, combine the tomatoes, garlic, thyme, oil, 1/4 t. salt, and 1/4 t. pepper. Scatter the tomato mixture around the meat and roast to the desired doneness, about 1 hour for medium-rare (internal temperature 125F).
- Transfer the beef to a cutting board and let rest at least 10 minutes before slicing. Divide among individual plates and serve with the tomatoes and garlic.