Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 2 lbs boneless rump steak or 2 lbs rib roast
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1 head garlic, cloves peeled
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Heat oven to 350 ° F.
- Season the beef with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and place in a large roasting pan.
- In a bowl, combine the tomatoes, garlic, thyme, oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Scatter the tomato mixture around the meat and roast to the desired doneness, about 1 hour for medium-rare (internal temperature 125° F).
- Transfer the beef to a cutting board and let rest at least 10 minutes before slicing. Divide among individual plates and serve with the tomatoes and garlic.
This was yummy!!! My husband requests it all the time now. Be sure to have a loaf of warm crusty bread like a baguette to smear the garlic and tomatoes on while eating. So good.