Recipe by lazyme
This is a nice dish to serve for a buffet because it's simple and the rosemary mayonnaise can be prepared 2 days ahead of time. I serve this with the little cocktail breads on the side so that guests can build their own sandwich and have always been asked for the mayonnaise recipe. I also use the leftover mayonnaise on salmon and sandwiches.
Top Review by Margie99
I was looking for a flavored mayonnaise and came across this. It was just fabulous. We had it on grilled turkey, bacon and cheese sandwiches. It was so good. The only thing I did differently was add some cracked black pepper.
- 4 teaspoons rosemary, finely chopped
- 4 teaspoons distilled white vinegar
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- romaine lettuce leaf
- 2 lbs roast beef, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chopped rosemary and vinegar in medium bowl.
- Let stand 15 minutes.
- Whisk in mayonnaise and garlic.
- Season rosemary mayonnaise to taste with salt and pepper.
- (Can be made 2 days ahead; cover and keep refrigerated.).
- Line large platter with romaine leaves.
- Arrange roast beef atop lettuce.
- Sprinkle with onion slices, if desired.
- Serve roast beef and rosemary mayonnaise separately.
- Makes 12 buffet servings or 8 main-course servings.