The first time I had a date over for dinner, I rang my mother and said, 'Help, I've never cooked anything more extravegant than a fried egg, what can I cook that will make me look like a master chef but won't take the skill of one?' Her response was immediate and the result was amazing. And best of all, it is so BASIC!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- 2Put 1 tbsp of flour in oven bag and shake it around.
- 3Place beef- uncut- in oven bag.
- 4Add Plum jam, Worcestershire sauce and chopped onion.
- 5Seal oven bag.
- 6Place in baking dish.
- 7Cook for 40 minutes.
- 8Whilst Roast is cooking, peel potatoes.
- 9Boil until soft.
- 10Mash with butter, garlic and rosemary until smooth puree.
- 11Cut meat into slices (should be pink- but not bloody- in the centre).
- 12Scoop a cup of mash onto the centre of a dinner plate.
- 13Place meat on top.
- 14Spoon plum gravy over meat.
- 15Add sprig of fresh rosemary to garnish.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roast Beef With Plum Gravy Atop Garlic Mash
Serving Size: 1 (345 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 477.5
- Calories from Fat 191
- Total Fat 21.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 137.2 mg
- Sodium 214.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 39.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: