Recipe by gabby girl
This is a simple way of cooking roast beef without the fuss. My family loves it. Hope you will enjoy it as much as we do.
- 6 -7 lbs rib eye, 1 slab
- 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons freshly cracked black pepper
- 4 tablespoons rosemary
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 250 g chopped bacon
- 3 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (10 ounce) can button mushrooms, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Marinate rib eye in the next 5 ingredients overnight.
- Leave at room temperature 1 hour before roasting.
- Preheat oven at 450 F for 20 minutes.
- Put beef in the center rack of the oven and roast 20 minutes.
- Bring temperature down to 350°F.
- Continue roasting for 1 hour and 30 minutes more or till meat thermometer reads 140F when you stick it in the center of the meat.
- It will give you a medium rare beef.
- Bring it out from the oven and let rest in the counter for 20 minutes cover with aluminum foil.
- Saute bacon till crispy, set aside.
- Add in the chopped garlic to the bacon grease.
- Stir fry till fragrant, add the button mushrooms and cream of mushroom soups, continue to stir.
- Let it simmer awhile, add in milk, keep stirring.
- Pour in the juice of the roast beef as well to make a good gravy.
- Let simmer 10 minutes and pour to gravy bowl.