gabby girl's Note:
This is a simple way of cooking roast beef without the fuss. My family loves it. Hope you will enjoy it as much as we do.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 -7 lbs rib eye, 1 slab
- 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons freshly cracked black pepper
- 4 tablespoons rosemary
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1Marinate rib eye in the next 5 ingredients overnight.
- 2Leave at room temperature 1 hour before roasting.
- 3Preheat oven at 450 F for 20 minutes.
- 4Put beef in the center rack of the oven and roast 20 minutes.
- 5Bring temperature down to 350°F.
- 6Continue roasting for 1 hour and 30 minutes more or till meat thermometer reads 140F when you stick it in the center of the meat.
- 7It will give you a medium rare beef.
- 8Bring it out from the oven and let rest in the counter for 20 minutes cover with aluminum foil.
- 10Saute bacon till crispy, set aside.
- 11Add in the chopped garlic to the bacon grease.
- 12Stir fry till fragrant, add the button mushrooms and cream of mushroom soups, continue to stir.
- 13Let it simmer awhile, add in milk, keep stirring.
- 14Pour in the juice of the roast beef as well to make a good gravy.
- 15Let simmer 10 minutes and pour to gravy bowl.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roast Beef With Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (288 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 828.2
- Calories from Fat 612
- Total Fat 68.0 g
- Saturated Fat 25.3 g
- Cholesterol 171.2 mg
- Sodium 1859.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 44.8 g