Recipe by Messiejessie625
i've been experimenting with this recipe and the amounts, please forgive me if it doesn't turn out quite as expected
- 1⁄8 cup low sodium beef broth
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 medium onion, cut into eighths
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 8 ounces very small red potatoes
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 10 ounces eye of round roast, all visible fat removed
- 6 ounces baby carrots
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Heat a dutch oven over high heat until very hot. Remove from heat and heavily spray with vegetable oil spray. Return to eat and sear beef on one side for about 45 seconds; don't let meat burn. Turn meat over. Remove dutch oven from heat.
- Put vegetables, wine, and garlic around meat; sprinkle all with lemon pepper and paprika.
- Cover dutch oven with aluminum foil; put lid over foil. Bake for 1 hour and 5 minutes, or until internal temperature of meat registers 155 degrees on a meat or instant read thermometer.
- Put meat on cutting board and let stand for 10 minutes. Cut meat in half, reserving one piece and half the vegetables.
- Cut remaining meat into 8 slices and place on serving platter. Arrange remaining 3 cups of veggies around meat. Cover with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- In a small bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients until well blended.
- Bring pan drippings to a boil over high heat. Whisk in flour mixture. Boil for 2-5 minutes or until gravy thickens, whisking constantly. Spoon over meat.