Recipe by Manami
These are very good - if I must say so myself! I found this a while ago and then I started to tweak it and play around with the ingredients and this is the end result.
- 1 garlic clove
- 158.51 ml mayonnaise
- 9.85 ml anchovy paste
- 7.39 ml fresh lemon juice
- 3.69 ml finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 3.69 ml fresh finely chopped parsley
- 0.59 ml fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 4 (40 inch) flour tortillas or 4 small pita bread
- 453.59 g only thinly sliced rare roast beef (from deli counter)
- 170.09 g watercress, course stems discarded
Directions See How It's Made
- Mince garlic with a large heavy knife, then mask to a paste with a pinch of salt unsing flat side of knife.
- Whisk together garlic paste, anchovy paste, mayonnaise, lemon jucie, rosemary, parsley & pepper in small bowl.
- Toast tortillas 1 at a time on burner (gas or electric) over moderately high heat, turning over and rotating with tongs, until slightly puffed and browned in spots but still flexible, about 30 seconds, each. Transfer to a clean kitchen towel as toasted & stack, loosley wrapped in towel.
- For pita - toast them in oven for about 1-2 minutes.
- Spread mayonnaise (about 2 Tablespoons or more to taste) on top of each tortilla or inside the pita.
- Then divide roast beef and watercress among tortillas or pitas, covering about half of rounds.
- Tuck in sides of tortillas and roll up tightly to enclose filling.
- Then cut in half and serve.