These are very good - if I must say so myself! I found this a while ago and then I started to tweak it and play around with the ingredients and this is the end result.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 garlic clove
- 158.51 ml mayonnaise
- 9.85 ml anchovy paste
- 7.39 ml fresh lemon juice
- 3.69 ml finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 3.69 ml fresh finely chopped parsley
- 0.59 ml fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 4 (40 inch) flour tortillas or 4 small pita bread
- 453.59 g only thinly sliced rare roast beef (from deli counter)
- 170.09 g watercress, course stems discarded
- 1Mince garlic with a large heavy knife, then mask to a paste with a pinch of salt unsing flat side of knife.
- 2Whisk together garlic paste, anchovy paste, mayonnaise, lemon jucie, rosemary, parsley & pepper in small bowl.
- 3Toast tortillas 1 at a time on burner (gas or electric) over moderately high heat, turning over and rotating with tongs, until slightly puffed and browned in spots but still flexible, about 30 seconds, each. Transfer to a clean kitchen towel as toasted & stack, loosley wrapped in towel.
- 4For pita - toast them in oven for about 1-2 minutes.
- 5Spread mayonnaise (about 2 Tablespoons or more to taste) on top of each tortilla or inside the pita.
- 6Then divide roast beef and watercress among tortillas or pitas, covering about half of rounds.
- 7Tuck in sides of tortillas and roll up tightly to enclose filling.
- 8Then cut in half and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roast Beef-Watercress Wraps With Anchovy-Garlic Mayonnaise
Serving Size: 1 (272 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 592.6
- Calories from Fat 255
- Total Fat 28.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 94.0 mg
- Sodium 950.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 38.6 g