1/3 Photos of Roast Beef Waldorf Salad
A.B. Hall's Note:
Many classic Waldorf ingredients are seen in this salad, but a few new entries make it bold and interesting. The horseradish in this dish provides a tangy “bite,” but the dried fruit brings it back in balance with a sweet touch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 -8 ounces roast beef, rare and sliced (quality matters here, for this dish I go for rare, sliced RB from Whole Foods)
- 1 cup greens (field greens, about two small handfuls)
- 5 -6 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 2 stalks celery
- 1/4 cup red onion (4-5 thin slices)
- 1 small apple (Fiji is my choice for its sweet taste)
- 3 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons low-fat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon horseradish (Bottled, white. Can often be found in the refrigerated section near the dairy products)
- 1/2-1 teaspoon lemon juice, fresh
- 1/4 cup dried fruit (i.e. raisins, dried cranberries, dates, etc.)
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (about two dashes)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper (about two dashes)
- 1Chop the sliced roast beef into 2-inch chunks.
- 2Finely chop the cilantro and celery.
- 3Cut 4-5 thin slices from the red onion.
- 4Remove the apple’s core and, skin intact, cut the apple into 1-inch pieces.
- 5Squeeze ½-1 tsp juice from the lemon.
- 6Combine all the ingredients in a medium bowl, stir/toss and serve.
- 7Serves four as a small dish or serves two as a large dish.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roast Beef Waldorf Salad
Serving Size: 1 (170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 383.7
- Calories from Fat 155
- Total Fat 17.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 67.2 mg
- Sodium 412.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 11.4 g
- Protein 27.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: