Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Also adds to the flavour of gravy made from pan drippings, OR slice potatoes about 1/4 inch thick and place around roast for last 45 minutes of roasting, rub slices into pan residue around roast. This slather is particularly good with Beef Roast With Veggies.
- 29.58 ml Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- fresh ground pepper
- 29.58 ml red wine vinegar
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 14.79 ml hot creamed horseradish
- This is enough for about a 3 lb roast and acts quite well as a tenderizer, and leaves a wonderful taste.
- Increase ingredients for a larger roast.
- Combine all ingredients; whisk together till well blended.
- Smother entire roast with mixture, rub well into roast; let stand 15 to 30 minutes.
This was a delightful suprise... Made the roast beef on the rotisserie without the potatoes...delicious..next time I will do it in the oven with the potatoes(can't wait!)Thanks!
Lovely flavour even without the horseradish (just a personal preference). I too added the potatoes. The smell while cooking sure made everyone hungry. Will certainly use this one again & again. Thanks & cheers JenT :)
This made a tasty change to our roast beef. It certainly makes you hungry as you smell it cooking. I put the potatoes in around the roast as you suggested, and they were yummy too.