Prep 45 mins
Cook 10 mins
A great picnic treat! From a Betty Crocker potluck pamphlet. (Prep time includes chill time)
Sun-dried tomato spread
- 1⁄2 cup chopped sun-dried tomato (drain oil)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 1 round focaccia bread
- 25 -30 slices deli roast beef
- 6 -8 slices mozzarella cheese or 6 -8 slices provolone cheese
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- red onion, sliced
- Combine ingredients for sun-dried tomato spread and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Slice focaccia in half (horizontally).
- Spread sun-dried tomato spread on each half.
- Layer all sandwich ingredients.
- Cut into wedges (you might need fancy toothpicks to hold them together!).
These were just fabulous! I'm not even that crazy about roast beef, but with this spread....wow! The whole family loved them, and I'll definitely be making this again. I might even make just the spread to use as a dip. Yum!