Prep 3 mins
Cook 12 mins
I have had a yen for this sandwich for awhile now and decided to have it made and see how it turned out. Well, it was great! It was very easy and it turned out yummy or maybe it was because I wanted it so badly.
- 3 teaspoons unsalted butter or 3 teaspoons unsalted margarine
- 1 large onion, finely sliced
- 3⁄4 lb button mushroom, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup savory beef gravy
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄3 cup white wine
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed dried thyme leaves
- 6 slices deli roast beef, 1/8-inch slices, cut in half
- 2 English muffins, split and toasted
- Slice English muffins and toast them until light brown.
- In a 10" nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add onion and mushrooms; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until onion is crisp-tender.
- Then add garlic and saute for 30 seconds to 1 minute longer.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; stir in gravy, white wine, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, and black pepper to taste.
- Add beef slices to gravy mixture.
- Cook over medium-low heat 2-3 minutes or until hot.