Recipe by Shoppohollic
Another great recipe from the Epicurious website.www.epicurious.com.This sandwich is great for a quick and easy supper to serve with some potato chips and coleslaw.
- 3 red onions, cut into 8 wedges
- 7 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- grated lemon peel
- 6 pieces ciabatta, cut horizontally
- 16 ounces thinly sliced roast beef (i just got mine from deli)
- 2 cups arugula
Directions See How It's Made
- -Preheat oven to 425. Line a baking sheet with foil. Toss red onions with 5tbsp. of oil and all of vinegar in large bowl. Sprinkle the onions with salt and pepper. Place onions in single layer on lined baking sheet. Bake until onions start to brown and they are tender, about 40min. Then cool completely.
- -Mix mayonnaise, lemon juice, lemon peel, basil and the remaining 2tbsp. oil in small bowl.
- -Spread mayonnaise mixture over cut sides of bread. Top bread with roast beef,onions and arugula. Cover with top halves and bread and serve.