Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Another great recipe from the Epicurious website.www.epicurious.com.This sandwich is great for a quick and easy supper to serve with some potato chips and coleslaw.
- 3 red onions, cut into 8 wedges
- 7 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- grated lemon peel
- 6 pieces ciabatta, cut horizontally
- 16 ounces thinly sliced roast beef (i just got mine from deli)
- 2 cups arugula
- -Preheat oven to 425. Line a baking sheet with foil. Toss red onions with 5tbsp. of oil and all of vinegar in large bowl. Sprinkle the onions with salt and pepper. Place onions in single layer on lined baking sheet. Bake until onions start to brown and they are tender, about 40min. Then cool completely.
- -Mix mayonnaise, lemon juice, lemon peel, basil and the remaining 2tbsp. oil in small bowl.
- -Spread mayonnaise mixture over cut sides of bread. Top bread with roast beef,onions and arugula. Cover with top halves and bread and serve.
I needed a quick recipe for Basil Mayo! This was perfect! I made ham sandwhiches on croissants with tomatoes. So good!
Made for Recipe Challenge-Garden Forum 09. We really enjoyed these sandwiches. Suprised by the taste of the sauce and was very happy with it. Used home made rolls, fresh arugala and basil from the garden. Tjis is a go to meal for the summer. Thank you.