Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A recipezaar search for au jus turned up nothing (duh!) so here is my family's quick and easy version. These are easy and tasty hot sandwiches.
- 1 (10 ounce) can French onion soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can beef consomme
- 1⁄2-1 lb thinly sliced deli roast beef
- 8 slices provolone cheese or 8 slices swiss cheese
- 4 hoagie rolls
- garlic powder
- In a medium pot simmer roast beef slices, consomme, and soup until fully cooked.
- Meanwhile, slice hoagie rolls in half lengthwise, sprinkle with garlic and toast until golden brown.
- Once the meat has heated through and cooked down, place on half of the hoagie rolls and top with slices of cheese as needed to cover meat.
- Broil until cheese melted and bubbly.
- Spread mayo on other half of hoagie rolls and top, cutting sandwich in half diagonally.
- Cut on a diagonal and serve with au jus on the side.
We really liked this recipe. I just mixed the 2 cans together and heated through, then served as dipping sauce. Will make again. So easy and much better than the packets.
Really goood! My husband and I both like it. The only thing is, if your watching your sodium intake this isn't the recipe for you.
Delicicious! Instead of mayonnaise I used butter and than sprinkled w/garlic powder and topped w/provolove than toasted.