Recipe by MommyMakes
A recipezaar search for au jus turned up nothing (duh!) so here is my family's quick and easy version. These are easy and tasty hot sandwiches.
Top Review by Megan and Jeremy
We really liked this recipe. I just mixed the 2 cans together and heated through, then served as dipping sauce. Will make again. So easy and much better than the packets.
- 1 (10 ounce) can French onion soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can beef consomme
- 1⁄2-1 lb thinly sliced deli roast beef
- 8 slices provolone cheese or 8 slices swiss cheese
- 4 hoagie rolls
- garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium pot simmer roast beef slices, consomme, and soup until fully cooked.
- Meanwhile, slice hoagie rolls in half lengthwise, sprinkle with garlic and toast until golden brown.
- Once the meat has heated through and cooked down, place on half of the hoagie rolls and top with slices of cheese as needed to cover meat.
- Broil until cheese melted and bubbly.
- Spread mayo on other half of hoagie rolls and top, cutting sandwich in half diagonally.
- Cut on a diagonal and serve with au jus on the side.