Recipe by ciao
This sandwich is to die for! If you like the ingredients, you'll love them together in this sandwich!
Top Review by canarygirl
Just made this for lunch the other day! Easy to put together and very tasty! I liked the flavor the cilantro gave to the sandwich. I served it on crusty French bread and I did add a little yellow mustard to the mayo too. MMMMM! Thanks for a great recipe! -CG
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 -1 1⁄2 tablespoon Tabasco sauce (more or less to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
- good crusty rolls or 1 long French bread, cut horizontally and hollowed out somewhat
- 1 lb good quality deli roast beef
- 1⁄2 lb monterey jack cheese or 1⁄2 lb swiss cheese or 1⁄2 lb provolone cheese
- 1 large avocado, peeled,pitted,and thinly sliced,dipped in lemon juice to prevent browning
- crispy romaine lettuce
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine mayo, tobasco, and cilantro in a small bowl.
- Spread mayo mixture on both sides of bread.
- Layer roast beef, cheese, lettuce, and avacado, sprinkle lightly with salt.
- Lightly press on top layer of bread.
- If using large loaf, cut into portions, and serve.