Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This sandwich is to die for! If you like the ingredients, you'll love them together in this sandwich!
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 -1 1⁄2 tablespoon Tabasco sauce (more or less to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
- good crusty rolls or 1 long French bread, cut horizontally and hollowed out somewhat
- 1 lb good quality deli roast beef
- 1⁄2 lb monterey jack cheese or 1⁄2 lb swiss cheese or 1⁄2 lb provolone cheese
- 1 large avocado, peeled,pitted,and thinly sliced,dipped in lemon juice to prevent browning
- crispy romaine lettuce
- Combine mayo, tobasco, and cilantro in a small bowl.
- Spread mayo mixture on both sides of bread.
- Layer roast beef, cheese, lettuce, and avacado, sprinkle lightly with salt.
- Lightly press on top layer of bread.
- If using large loaf, cut into portions, and serve.
Just made this for lunch the other day! Easy to put together and very tasty! I liked the flavor the cilantro gave to the sandwich. I served it on crusty French bread and I did add a little yellow mustard to the mayo too. MMMMM! Thanks for a great recipe! -CG
Wow, this is quite good. I made this for me and my husband to take for lunch. The spicy mayo was outstanding and definitely gave the sandwich some zip. I also thought the avocado was a nice touch. Thanks leeannr, for adding some variety to our usual boring sack lunch
This is a great combination. I make this as a salad because I am on a low carb diet. I also substitute leftover steak if I don't have roast.