Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
If you are serving a crowd, plan to use both crusts from the pie crust package and make two beef rolls. You can also make turkey sandwich slices. Just use thinly sliced cooked turkey instead of the beef! Recipe is from Pillsbury.
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Remove crust from pouch; place on ungreased large cookie sheet.
- Place roast beef, tomato, onion and cheese lengthwise down center 1/3 of crust to within 1 inch of top and bottom edge.
- Brush edge of crust with water.
- Fold top and bottom edges over filling; fold in sides, overlapping in center and sealing edges.
- Cut 3 or 4 slits in top crust to allow steam to escape.
- Bake 17-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 5 minutes.
- Cut crosswise into 8 slices.
- Serve warm.
OH, my, is this easy and delicious!!!! Changed to used slices of chicken breasts from the freezer. The combo possibilities for this recipe are unlimited. Want to try again with Corned Beef, Sauerkraut and Swiss. YUM! Thank you so much for this fantastic recipe! Made for Photo Swap in CPF.
So Simple and very delicious. I love quick and easy dishes for the week nights since I work until 7pm. This is really good with puff pastry too, but the crust is way easier to work with and takes less time. I used what I had on hand - ham, salami, and pepperoni, leftover from our Italian Hoagie night - & served it w/ marinara sauce on the side. Delish!
This is a delicious treat. I didn't have monterey jack cheese on hand so used cheddar which was fine. I should have added some crushed peppers although it was very good as is. I used it for a main course with fruit salad on the side. It served 3 of us with not a crumb left over. I can't wait to make this again. Thanks for sharing your recipe.