Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Meat lovers enjoy this tasty salad. It also travels well for picnics.
- 4 cups of cold cooked london broil beef or 4 cups flank steaks, thinly sliced and julienned
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes, julienned
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil or 2 tablespoons additional olive oil
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Mix the beef,onion,and tomatoes in a large bowl.
- I small bowl whisk together the vinegar, oils, horseradish, and salt & pepper to taste; pour over the beef mixture and combine well.
Wonderful!! I had some frozen cooked beef that was way dry, and this was a great way to use it! I have made it twice, one time altering the sesame oil amount... found that it is best the way it is written! Hubby doesn't care for strong viniagrettes, so I do decrease the balsamic and add a little sugar. <br/>I make as directed, only mix in half the dressing, and let it refrigerate and marinate for a few hours. Then toss in a generous amount of spinach and other greens, and serve! Also lovely to add cheese chunks just before serving.
Very tasty salad. I used less sesame oil than indicated using olive oil instead and then added soy sauce to add a little extra flavor.
fabulous! Great way to use leftover roast beef. I love taking it to work the next day.