Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Got this idea from a Pillsbury cookbook. Made a few adjustments. This was the result. Hubby enjoyed this one.
- 8 slice deli roast beef, 1/8 inch
- 1 mushroom
- 118.29-177.44 ml broccoli, chopped small
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 709.77 ml cooked mashed potatoes (thinned with a little milk or use roasted garlic instant mashed potatoes for 4)
- 59.14 ml romano cheese, grated
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- 22.18 ml tomato paste
- 1.23 ml dried oregano
- 1.23 ml dried basil
- 340.19 g beef gravy (homemade or jar)
- 29.58 ml romano cheese, grated
- Spray a casserole pan (3 quart) with cooking spray.
- Microwave on high the broccoli, mushroom and garlic about 1 1/2 minutes.
- Blend together the gravy, tomato paste, tomatoes, oregano and basil; set aside.
- Mix broccoli mixture and 1/4 cup of cheese with the mashed potatoes.
- Put 1/4-1/2 cup potato mixture down the center of each roast beef slice,.
- Roll up and place seam side down in prepared pan.
- Pour gravy mixture over top.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake 25 minutes at 350°F.
- Uncover, sprinkle with 2 tbps cheese.
- Bake 5 minutes more until cheese melts.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Serves 4.