Got this idea from a Pillsbury cookbook. Made a few adjustments. This was the result. Hubby enjoyed this one.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 slices deli roast beef, 1/8 inch
- 1 mushroom
- 1/2-3/4 cup broccoli, chopped small
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups cooked mashed potatoes (thinned with a little milk or use roasted garlic instant mashed potatoes for 4)
- 1/4 cup romano cheese, grated
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 12 ounces beef gravy (homemade or jar)
- 2 tablespoons romano cheese, grated
- 1Spray a casserole pan (3 quart) with cooking spray.
- 2Microwave on high the broccoli, mushroom and garlic about 1 1/2 minutes.
- 3Blend together the gravy, tomato paste, tomatoes, oregano and basil; set aside.
- 4Mix broccoli mixture and 1/4 cup of cheese with the mashed potatoes.
- 5Put 1/4-1/2 cup potato mixture down the center of each roast beef slice,.
- 6Roll up and place seam side down in prepared pan.
- 7Pour gravy mixture over top.
- 8Cover with foil.
- 9Bake 25 minutes at 350°F.
- 10Uncover, sprinkle with 2 tbps cheese.
- 11Bake 5 minutes more until cheese melts.
- 12Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- 13Serves 4.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roast Beef Roll-Ups
Serving Size: 1 (322 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 245.2
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 22.9 mg
- Sodium 1308.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 13.1 g