Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Cook time includes chill time.
Make and share this Roast Beef Pasta Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (16 ounce) package spiral shaped pasta
- 2 cups julienned cooked roast beef
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 3⁄4 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄3 cup chopped dill pickle
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons beef bouillon granules
- 1⁄4 cup boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- salt and pepper
- Prepare pasta according to package directions; rinse and drain.
- In a large bowl, mix together, beef, green bell pepper, celery, onion, red bell pepper, pickle, green onion, and pasta; mix gently.
- Dissolve bouillon in water; add milk, mayonnaise, sour cream, dill, salt, and pepper; mix well.
- Toss dressing with pasta mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours before serving.
I had some left-over roast beef that I needed to use up. This recipe was the perfect thing. Very different from any pasta salad I have tried but we thought it was wonderful. The beef bouillon in the dressing provided enough saltiness that I didn't feel the need to add any extra salt. We liked the mayo-dill flavor as well. An unusual mixture of ingredients that we thought was very flavorful and unique. This is worth making when you are in the mood for something different.
Your salad was great. I've been looking for a good salad recipe to use up left-over grilled beef for years & this is the only one my husband & I found worth eating. It almost has a ranch dressing flavor, which we love. Thanks for posting.