Recipe by gemini08
This recipe can be made in a panini maker, a George Foreman type grill or a ridged grill pan on the stove. Put foil around a slightly smaller pan and use it to press the panini down. Use whatever cheese you like or happen to have at home - a creamy Havarti goes nice with it - as well as leftovers from a roast or steaks.
Top Review by CJAY
I made this wonderful sandwich using a panini machine. I really enjoyed the horseradish mayo and even used it to dip the onion rings into. I opted for provolone cheese and fresh basil. Truly a keeper! Thanks for sharing. Made for PAC Spring 2010.
- 8 slices of rustic country bread
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (or more if you like mayo)
- 1⁄4 cup prepared horseradish sauce
- 1⁄2 lb roast beef or 1⁄2 lb leftover steak, thinnly sliced
- 1 red pepper (optional)
- 8 slices tomatoes
- 8 slices havarti cheese (or your favorite)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil (o brush the bread)
- 1 garlic clove (to rub on bread)
- herbs or salat greens (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine mayonnaise and horseradish in a bowl, set aside.
- Brush the bread slices on the underside with olive oil and rub a clove of garlic over them.
- Lay them out in front of you, oil side down and spread the horseradish mayo on each slice.
- Top with roast beef, pepper rings, tomato and cheese. Fold together.
- Put in a grill pan and use a smaller frying pan to weigh it down.
- Turn and brown on the other side.
- Cut in two, garnish with salat greens and herbs