Recipe by lady2satan1962
its easy and not time consuming and it really tastes great. make sure u get a big enough roast so you can have some leftovers as this is better then.
- 3 -5 lbs beef roast or 3 -5 lbs pork roast
- 5 large potatoes (prefer baking type)
- 1 -3 lb baby carrots (depending on how well you like them)
- 6 -12 small frieda's white broiler onions (6 to 12 depending on how small they are)
- 1 (16 ounce) jarof old el paso salsa (mild or medium is best)
Directions See How It's Made
- peel onions, potatoes and wash carrots.
- place roast in bottom of pan
- place onions, potatoes and carrots around the bottom of roast.
- fill pan almost full of water (prefer cold but warm will work).
- pour salsa over roast and veggies.
- place in 300 degree oven and let bake for 5 to 8 hours.
- baste the roast bout once every hour
- take baster and fill with juices and stick into roast to fill with juices and seasonings bout 1/2 hr before removing from oven.
- if you notice, i use no salt or pepper, but you can season it to taste after putting on your plate.
- this comes out tender and juicy and will fall off a bone if there is one there. enjoy.
- serving amount depends on how big the roast is.