Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
Leftover utility dish or favorite special event dish
Make and share this Roast Beef Hash With Roasted Shallots and Capers recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb roast beef, cooked (prime rib or any cooked leftover beef)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cooked potatoes or 1 1⁄2 lbs mashed potatoes
- 5 shallots, peeled and julienne cut
- 1⁄2 cup capers
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons roasted garlic (optional)
- 2 1⁄2 cups oil
- 2 jalapenos, fine diced, seeded (optional)
- Place shallots, capers and oil into a oven tempered pan and roast until the shallot caramelizes.
- Oven temperature should be 375°F.
- While roasting shallot mix, place roast beef.
- If potatoes are not mashed, follow the same process as the roast beef mix the potatoes and roast beef in a bowl. When the shallot mix is cool, strain off the oil (reserving the oil) and add the shallot mix to the bowl.
- Season to taste.
- In a well heated pan saute the hash until golden brown using the shallot oil.