Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A good and easy way to use leftover roast, always a hit for a light lunch or dinner. Serve with green salad and hot rolls. Note: Other meats can be substituted, but it's the flavor of a beef roast that makes this recipe so good. My mother loves this dish with grated carrot, sometimes. I don't care for it, but you might like to try it.
- Sauté the onions until they're transparent.
- Add the shredded beef and cook until the pieces start to turn crispy.
- Add the potatoes and stir constantly.
- Otherwise, they'll become gummy.
- Continue to sauté all ingredients until they are browned and crunchy.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
We really enjoyed this. It was really good. We added a bit of cheese to the top before serving. Yumm!!!!
Absolutely wondeful! I loved this, I used left over roast beef, red potatoes, whole roasted garlic cloves, carrots, and rutabegas. Simply delicious! Thank you!!!
This did fry up nicely and allowed for a bit of different flavor from the other meal. Used leftover roast beef and veggies: potatoes, carrots, parsnips. I can see how this could easily be adapted for many different seasonings, meats and vegetables.