Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A delicious, yet easy to prepare, alternative to warming up leftover roast beef.
Make and share this Roast Beef Hash recipe from Food.com.
- In large skillet, cook onion in butter until tender crisp.
- Add remaining ingredients except milk and gravy.
- Whisk milk and gravy together until smooth.
- Add to skillet.
- (If there is no leftover gravy, just increase milk to 1 1/2 cups.) Stir all together and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for approximately 20 minutes or until potatoes are done.
- The liquid should be absorbed.
great easy recipe - my little ones loved it and so did my husband - but he didn't get much since he ate after they did!
From now on I'll be shopping for the biggest roast I can find just to have enough leftover roast beef to make this! It is delicious! For convenience I used frozen hash browns which worked very well. I used about one cup of leftover gravy and reduced the milk accordingly. Everything was cooked after 20 minutes but I then increased the heat and cooked it to form a crust, stirred and continued until it was the drier consistency that my family prefers. Just like my Grandma used to make! Thanks Susie in Texas!
My DH and in laws really loved this. I used 1/2 gravy and 1/2 half & half, and frozen hash browns as suggested by others~~excellent! This is where any left over roast beef in my house will go. Made with leftover roast from To Die for Crock Pot Roast from this site. Thanks!