Fairly simple to prepare, quite delicious! Got this recipe out of a newspaper years ago.
Make and share this Roast Beef Dip Sandwich With Herbed Garlic Au Jus recipe from Food.com.
Garlic Au Jus
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef broth, homemade beef stock or 3⁄4 cup rich homemade beef stock
- 1 French baguette, cut into 4 (5-6 inch portions)
- 1 (5 ounce) packagegarlic and herb boursin cheese
- 1 lb thinly sliced roast beef
- To make the Garlic Au Jus: In medium sauce pan, heat oil over medium heat. Then add onions, garlic and dry herbs, and cook, stirring ofte, about 1 minute. Do no let garlic brown.
- Then add red wine, soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Increase heat, bring to simer and let liquid reduce by half. Add beef broth and simmer for 5 minutes. (If using homemade stock, you may need to season with salt and pepper.).
- You can make the recipe to this point up to 3 days in advance and keep, covered, in refrigerator.
- To make and serve sandwiches: Reheat au jus. Split bagueette pieces and spread each side evenly with Boursin cheese. Divide roast beef among sandwiches. Close sandwiches, place on baking sheet and bake at 450 degrees for about 3 minutes or until just warmed. Serve with small cups hot au jus for dipping.