1/3 Photos of Roast Beef Dip Sandwich With Herbed Garlic Au Jus
Fairly simple to prepare, quite delicious! Got this recipe out of a newspaper years ago.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Garlic Au Jus
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef broth, homemade beef stock or 3/4 cup rich homemade beef stock
- 1 French baguette, cut into 4 (5-6 inch portions)
- 1 (5 ounce) package garlic and herb boursin cheese
- 1 lb thinly sliced roast beef
- 1To make the Garlic Au Jus: In medium sauce pan, heat oil over medium heat. Then add onions, garlic and dry herbs, and cook, stirring ofte, about 1 minute. Do no let garlic brown.
- 2Then add red wine, soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Increase heat, bring to simer and let liquid reduce by half. Add beef broth and simmer for 5 minutes. (If using homemade stock, you may need to season with salt and pepper.).
- 3You can make the recipe to this point up to 3 days in advance and keep, covered, in refrigerator.
- 4To make and serve sandwiches: Reheat au jus. Split bagueette pieces and spread each side evenly with Boursin cheese. Divide roast beef among sandwiches. Close sandwiches, place on baking sheet and bake at 450 degrees for about 3 minutes or until just warmed. Serve with small cups hot au jus for dipping.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roast Beef Dip Sandwich With Herbed Garlic Au Jus
Serving Size: 1 (267 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 305.2
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 88.4 mg
- Sodium 1058.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 34.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: