Recipe by Colby's Mom
Deli roast beef and easy-prep vegetables-avocado, cucumber, and iceberg lettuce-make this a tasty do-ahead sandwich. Cilantro and a green pepper sauce turn up the heat.
Top Review by SpanishDreams
Instead of using iceberg lettuce, I used green leaf. The flavor was much better that way and it also gives more nutrients. The recipe took less time than indicated to make which was great and it is a fairly cheap recipe too! Great for college students!
- 1 avocado, pitted,peeled and cut into 1/2 inch thick wedges
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 burrito-size flour tortillas, warmed according to package directions,if desired
- 3⁄4 lb sliced roast beef
- 1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1⁄2 seedless cucumber, cut into 6 inch strips
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1⁄4 cup green hot pepper sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss avocado with lime juice and 1/4 tsp salt in a small bowl.
- Cover tortillas with roast beef, sprinkle with remaining salt.
- Top with lettuce, cucumber, and avocado down the center of each tortilla.
- Add cilantro leaves, then drizzle 1 tbsp green pepper sauce over each.
- Fold in sides and roll up.