Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This makes 4 of the most delicious savory beef pockets you will ever try! I make these with my own bread dough, but crescent rolls work fine for this...you can use leftover roast beef for this also, just make certain the the leftover roast is not too dry, you can soak the beef in beef broth for a while to moisten, drain slightly before shredding the beef, also this can be made with leftover pork roast soaked in juice. Double the recipe to make 8 squares.
- 1 (16 -17 ounce) packagefully-cooked boneless beef roast, with gravy (use the 16-17 ounce package for this, I use the Maple leaf brand fully cooked roast)
- 1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or to taste)
- sour cream
- Set oven to 375°F.
- Remove the roast from the package, removing as much gravy as possible (reserve the gravy for another time).
- Slice the pot roast into fine shreds.
- Unroll the crescent roll dough.
- Separate into 4 rectangles and press the seams to seal.
- Pull the sides of the rectangles to enlarge slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine the shredded beef, about 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese and finely chopped onion; mix well to combine.
- Divide the beef mixture into four even scoops.
- Press the mixture to compact and place lengthwise down the center of each rectangle.
- Fold the long sides of each rectangle over the filling, then pressing at the top to seal (the pockets should be sealed down the middle and at both top and bottom ends ends.
- Place the pockets on a baking sheet, and sprinkle the tops with grated cheddar cheese.
- Bake for about 13-16 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with sour cream.
I used some leftover roast for this. It was delish! I made Refrigerator Rolls and had frozen some, so used the dough to make these dinner gems! Thanks, Kittencal!
This has become my standard meal for the day after we have a roast. What a great way to use the leftover beef! Thank you Kitten
Oh Kitten! You have the best recipes and this was one of them! I used leftover roast form dinner the other night and it turned out perfect. They were also very easy to whip up which is always a plus. Thanks!