This makes 4 of the most delicious savory beef pockets you will ever try! I make these with my own bread dough, but crescent rolls work fine for this...you can use leftover roast beef for this also, just make certain the the leftover roast is not too dry, you can soak the beef in beef broth for a while to moisten, drain slightly before shredding the beef, also this can be made with leftover pork roast soaked in juice. Double the recipe to make 8 squares.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 -17 ounce) package fully-cooked boneless beef roast, with gravy (use the 16-17 ounce package for this, I use the Maple leaf brand fully cooked roast)
- 1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or to taste)
- sour cream
- 1Set oven to 375°F.
- 2Remove the roast from the package, removing as much gravy as possible (reserve the gravy for another time).
- 3Slice the pot roast into fine shreds.
- 4Unroll the crescent roll dough.
- 5Separate into 4 rectangles and press the seams to seal.
- 6Pull the sides of the rectangles to enlarge slightly.
- 7In a large bowl, combine the shredded beef, about 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese and finely chopped onion; mix well to combine.
- 8Divide the beef mixture into four even scoops.
- 9Press the mixture to compact and place lengthwise down the center of each rectangle.
- 10Fold the long sides of each rectangle over the filling, then pressing at the top to seal (the pockets should be sealed down the middle and at both top and bottom ends ends.
- 11Place the pockets on a baking sheet, and sprinkle the tops with grated cheddar cheese.
- 12Bake for about 13-16 minutes or until golden brown.
- 13Serve with sour cream.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roast Beef Cheddar Pockets
Serving Size: 1 (930 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 500.6
- Calories from Fat 204
- Total Fat 22.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 140.8 mg
- Sodium 648.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 40.2 g