Recipe by Lainey6605
This recipe is adapted from Betty Crocker's Quick & Easy Cookbook.
Top Review by Absinthe27
Yum! The name of these scared me a little at first, but they are so delicious and fresh! I will definitely be making them again. Everyone loved them and there were none left at the end of the night.
- 1 loaf French baguette (cut into 30, 1/4-inch, slices)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 5 small plum tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup chive & onion cream cheese (from 8 ounce container)
- 1⁄2 lb roast beef, thinly sliced (can use deli)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 8 medium green onions, sliced (about 1/2 cup)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Brush both sides of bread slices with oil.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake about 5 minutes or until crisp.
- Cool 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut each tomato into 6 slices; set aside.
- Spread cream cheese over each bread slice.
- Top with beef; sprinkle with pepper.
- Top with tomato slices and onion.