Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is adapted from Betty Crocker's Quick & Easy Cookbook.
Make and share this Roast Beef Bruschetta recipe from Food.com.
- 1 loaf French baguette (cut into 30, 1/4-inch, slices)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 5 small plum tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup chive & onion cream cheese (from 8 ounce container)
- 1⁄2 lb roast beef, thinly sliced (can use deli)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 8 medium green onions, sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Brush both sides of bread slices with oil.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake about 5 minutes or until crisp.
- Cool 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut each tomato into 6 slices; set aside.
- Spread cream cheese over each bread slice.
- Top with beef; sprinkle with pepper.
- Top with tomato slices and onion.
Yum! The name of these scared me a little at first, but they are so delicious and fresh! I will definitely be making them again. Everyone loved them and there were none left at the end of the night.
I really liked this recipe. It caught my eye in a Betty Crocker Appetizer magazine at the store and it was already here so it must be a reprint on it. Thanks for posting Lainey. I served them on platters and they came together fast. I pre sliced the green onions and the Romas. Romas (plum tomatoes) are key because the slices fit on the baguette so nicely. The cream cheese gave it flavor and I used freshly ground coarse pepper. Delish! Enjoy. ChefDLH
Great appetizer. I made it for a pot luck and it was loved by everyone. I used half roast beef and half roasted turkey, just in case someone didnt like beef. I liked the roast beef better, but both were gone. Very good! Thanks!