Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Angus Beef web site is where I found this very "impressive looking" recipe. It appears to be easy and exciting! I can't wait to try it.
- 1 lb deli roast beef, sliced thin
- 1 French baguette, thingly sliced on an angle
- 1 cup melted butter (clarified preferred)
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, chiffonade
- 8 ounces prepared horseradish sauce
- 8 ounces brie round, skin removed, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1⁄2 cup toasted slivered almonds (to garnish)
- 20 cornichons, thinly sliced length-wise for garnish (miniature whole sweet pickles)
- Toss baguette slices with melted butter, olive oil, Parmesan cheese, and chiffonaded basil.
- Toast in oven at 375°F until lightly browned.
- Spread toasted bread slices with prepared horseradish sauce, arrange with 2-3 thin slices of roast beef.
- Place a slice of Brie cheese on each piece and place in 375°F oven, until melted.
- Remove from oven, garnish immediately with almond slivers and cornichon slice.
- Serve warm.