Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
When I'm in a hurry and want something good, this sandwich fills the bill.
- 2⁄3 lb thinly sliced deli roast beef
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- In a small saucepan, combine the first nine ingredients. Cook over medium-high heat for 4-6 minutes or until heated through. Serve on buns, using a slotted spoon.
It doesn't get any easier than this! Next time I'd like to add a bit of vinegar to the mix and will double the sauce. These aren't too far off of an Arby's, and I could see making a "horsey" sauce to top, too. Thanks Bugsbunnyfan, for posting. Roxygirl
I made this for lunch today and it was a huge hit. I followed the other suggestions by adding the meat at the end of cooking. I also put this on toasted onion buns. EXCELLENT!!! We will definately be making this again!
The second time I made this used less water much better IMO. I made the sause today with out the water for a bbq sauce was good on the ribs that I made