Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Using leftover roast beef and cooking the potatoes ahead of time can save you loads of time when making this dish. Planning ahead means you can have a cool, satisfying meal that didn't use a single stove burner--that's a big plus in this summer heat !! Cook time is actually the 1 hour chill time.
- 2 cups cooked roast beef, cubed
- 2 cups cooked potatoes, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, sliced thin
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons pimientos, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 -3 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- lettuce leaf, to serve (your favorite type)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- In large bowl, combine beef, potatoes, bell pepper, onion, celery, and pimientos, then add all remaining ingredients EXCEPT lettuce and parsley, and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- To serve, put lettuce leaves on plate, then top with beef mixture, sprinkling with parsley if desired.