Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Using leftover roast beef and cooking the potatoes ahead of time can save you loads of time when making this dish. Planning ahead means you can have a cool, satisfying meal that didn't use a single stove burner--that's a big plus in this summer heat !! Cook time is actually the 1 hour chill time.
- 2 cups cooked roast beef, cubed
- 2 cups cooked potatoes, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, sliced thin
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons pimientos, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 -3 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- lettuce leaf, to serve (your favorite type)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- In large bowl, combine beef, potatoes, bell pepper, onion, celery, and pimientos, then add all remaining ingredients EXCEPT lettuce and parsley, and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- To serve, put lettuce leaves on plate, then top with beef mixture, sprinkling with parsley if desired.