Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This six-ingredient sandwich is stuffed with lean roast beef from the deli and is topped with a peppercorn coleslaw and cucumbers. Taken from the "Quick, Healthy and Delicious Cooking" cookbook by BH&G.
- 2 cups coleslaw mix
- 1⁄3 cup fat free peppercorn ranch dressing
- 3 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 4 pita bread rounds
- 8 ounces roast beef (deli-style, thinly sliced)
- 1⁄2 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- In a medium bowl combine the coleslaw mix, salad dressing and onion.
- Cut pita rounds in half.
- Divide beef among pita halves.
- Add cucumber slices and about 1/4 cup of the coleslaw mixture to each pita half.
- Serve immediately.
Would you believe! My local grocer did NOT carry Deli-style Roast Beef, had to go to one of our larger chains for it. They also didn't have coleslaw mix so used the Sweet, Creamy Coleslaw Sweet, Creamy Coleslaw. When finally assembled - the pita was simply out-of-this-world. This is now on my favorite list for lunches.
I think I might try this again and add some shredded cheese.