Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This six-ingredient sandwich is stuffed with lean roast beef from the deli and is topped with a peppercorn coleslaw and cucumbers. Taken from the "Quick, Healthy and Delicious Cooking" cookbook by BH&G.
- 2 cups coleslaw mix
- 1⁄3 cup fat free peppercorn ranch dressing
- 3 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 4 pita bread rounds
- 8 ounces roast beef (deli-style, thinly sliced)
- 1⁄2 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- In a medium bowl combine the coleslaw mix, salad dressing and onion.
- Cut pita rounds in half.
- Divide beef among pita halves.
- Add cucumber slices and about 1/4 cup of the coleslaw mixture to each pita half.
- Serve immediately.
Would you believe! My local grocer did NOT carry Deli-style Roast Beef, had to go to one of our larger chains for it. They also didn't have coleslaw mix so used the Sweet, Creamy Coleslaw Recipe #100526. When finally assembled - the pita was simply out-of-this-world. This is now on my favorite list for lunches.
I think I might try this again and add some shredded cheese.