Recipe by rocket_j_dawg
If you're tired of pastry-laden hors d'oeuvre, you'll love these fresh rolls. They look fancy but are easy to make.
- 4 1⁄2 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons basil, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 -2 teaspoon horseradish, preferably creamed
- 1⁄2 green pepper
- 1⁄2 red pepper
- 5 slices deli roast beef
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, stir cheese with basil, lemon juice and horseradish.
- Thinly slice peppers into strips.
- Thinly spread cheese mixture over beef slices right to edge. Don't worry if beef tears; it won't show when rolled.
- Lay 4 pepper strips on short edge of each slice.
- Tightly roll beef around peppers. Trim ends of peppers that are peeking out from rolls. Then slice each into rounds about 3/4 inch (2 cm) long.
- Arrange on a platter.
- Rolls will keep well, covered and refrigerated, up to half a day.