Recipe by philip collins
Best roast beef ever....tender meat with lots of great tasting gravy. And makes great sandwiches with leftovers.
Top Review by lazyme
This was a really nice roast. Really simple and loved the flavors and the gravy. The gray was a little thin to me, so think that next time I would either add a little less wine, or thicken it a bit before serving. All in all a yummy meal. Thanks philip collins for a nice keeper. Made for Spring PAC 2013.
- 3 -5 lbs chuck or 3 -5 lbs arm roast
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup, 10 oz approximately
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- Season-All salt (tony cacheres)
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup red wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut onion into medium size chunks and chop garlic.
- Put oil in pan and heat.
- Season meat with desired seasonings and put in pan with hot oil to brown.
- Add onions and garlic.
- Cook about 5 to 8 minuets on medium to high heat on both sides.
- While meat is browning whisk together cream of mushroom soup with red wine
- Remove roast from pan and put in a large enough roasting or casserole pan.
- Pour soup and wine mixture over roast then pour onions garlic and some of oil on top.
- Cover with foil and cook at 350 till done approximately 1.5 hours for 3 pounds of roast (longer for heavier roast).