Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Best roast beef ever....tender meat with lots of great tasting gravy. And makes great sandwiches with leftovers.
- Cut onion into medium size chunks and chop garlic.
- Put oil in pan and heat.
- Season meat with desired seasonings and put in pan with hot oil to brown.
- Add onions and garlic.
- Cook about 5 to 8 minuets on medium to high heat on both sides.
- While meat is browning whisk together cream of mushroom soup with red wine
- Remove roast from pan and put in a large enough roasting or casserole pan.
- Pour soup and wine mixture over roast then pour onions garlic and some of oil on top.
- Cover with foil and cook at 350 till done approximately 1.5 hours for 3 pounds of roast (longer for heavier roast).
This was a really nice roast. Really simple and loved the flavors and the gravy. The gray was a little thin to me, so think that next time I would either add a little less wine, or thicken it a bit before serving. All in all a yummy meal. Thanks philip collins for a nice keeper. Made for Spring PAC 2013.