Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
An easy roast for you to enjoy!
- 3 -5 lbs roast
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, for frying
- 2 tablespoons flour
- salt, to taste
- 5 cups water
- 1⁄2 package of knorrs vegetable soup mix
- 2 oxo bouillon cubes
- 1 package baby carrots
- 4 potatoes
- 1 large onion
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Brown the meat in the canola oil.
- Save the drippings.
- Put roast in a roasting pan.
- In a bowl, mix the oxo cubes, soup mix, and water until all is dissolved and pour over the roast.
- Cook for 2 hours.
- Then add the onion, potatoes and carrots.
- Cook for 45minutes-1 hour.
- Add the flour to the drippings and stir on low heat.
- Strain the liquid from the roasting pan and gradually add it to the flour and drippings.
- Strain after it thickens.
- Slice the roast up and put the veggies around it.
- Pour the gravy over everything or serve it on the side.
I fixed this for dinner and it was enjoyed by all! I added celery and onion to the carrots and eliminated the potatoes. The gravy was delicious! Thanks for a winner!
Made this yesterday. It was very good. The gravy was delicious!! Definitely a keeper.
I made this roast...but I added 1/2c of Italian dressing to the recipe. It was delicious.