Recipe by Lene
Some people would have you believe that you have to salt aubergines before cooking them in order to remove the bitterness. i really don't think it is necessary unless, of course, they'reold and leathery. Besides, most aubergines we buytoday don't have those bitter juices anyway.
- 2 large aubergines
- 2 garlic cloves, quatered
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped of fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 1 lime, juice of
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees centigrade.
- Cube the aubergines and place in a large roasting tin witht the garlic and 2 Tbs of the olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper and roast for 25-30 minutes, stirring frequently until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and stir in the shallots, mint, corriander, lime juice and remaining olive oil.
- Season to taste and serve warm or at room temperature.