Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I remember loving this as a child. Grandma would make this for a spectacular Sunday dinner.
Make and share this Roast Apple Pork recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat ove to 325 degrees.
- Combine ingredients for seasoning.
- Rub over roast
- Cover and let stand 30 minutes.
- Bake fat side up uncovered for1 hour.
- Mix appesauce and brown sugar, spread over roast.
- Roast another hour.
- Let stand 15 minutes before slicing.
I made this in the crockpot and was rewarded with fork tender pork roast. It does have a sweet note from the applesauce & brown sugar, but the savory elements also come thru. I thickened the juices and made gravy. Made for Spring '09 Pick A Chef.