Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This just might be my current favorite squash. Great texture with no stringy-ness, sweet mild flavor, and gorgeous color. I made it the other night as part of my "I will try all the winter squashes" kick I am on recently, and needed a place to remember this easy recipe.
- 1 medium ambercup squash
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- sea salt (to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Wash outside of squash. Cut in half and scoop seeds out.
- Cut in 1-2"slices so you end up with crescent shaped pieces.
- Place the squash in a bowl and toss with the oil.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Lay the squash on a cut side evenly spaced on the baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt & pepper to taste.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until a fork easily pierces the flesh. Serve. The skin of the squash can be eaten.