Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This salad is featured at the Roaring Lion, a restaurant with an English motif, which is located in downtown Los Angeles. The best part of the salad is the unique dressing; and this recipe makes enough dressing for a few additional salads.
- 3 ounces roast beef, cut in julienne strips
- 3 ounces ham, cut in julienne strips
- 3 ounces swiss cheese, cut in julienne strips
- 3 cups torn lettuce
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 12 croutons
- 3 black olives
- 6 cherry tomatoes
Roaring Lion Dressing
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup pickled vegetables, drained
- 1⁄4 cup mustard pickle
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 3 drops Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 dash dry mustard
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- To make the dressing, combine all the dressing ingredients in a blender jar and blend until smooth.
- Refrigerate until serving time.
- Makes about 1 3/4 cups.
- To make the salad, toss together the beef, ham, cheese, lettuce and celery.
- Toss with a 1/2 cup of the Roaring Lion Dressing.
- Garnish with croutons, olives, tomatoes and chopped egg.