1/1 Photo of Roaring Fork Tomato Salad
From the local newspaper; a twist on the usual tomato salad. Simple to make but with a beautiful presentation for summer brunch or parties. Fresh basil and tomatoes make this a real treat! Prep time does not include overnight chilling of ricotta mixture.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1(To blanch garlic, simmer unpeeled cloves in small pot of water. Cook 10-15 min, peel and use or store in jar of oil in refrigerator.) Puree ricotta, garlic, and spices.
- 2Mix in minced basil leaves.
- 3Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 4Line platter with lettuce leaves.
- 5Overlap tomato slices around platter, leaving space in the middle.
- 6Spoon ricotta mixture into center of platter.
- 7Garnish with whole basil leaves.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roaring Fork Tomato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (1584 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 984.2
- Calories from Fat 539
- Total Fat 59.9 g
- Saturated Fat 37.2 g
- Cholesterol 225.8 mg
- Sodium 1591.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.9 g
- Sugars 30.0 g
- Protein 60.7 g